Some say that World Gratitude Day began in 1965 in Hawaii when an international gathering decided that it would be nice to set one day of the year to formally express appreciation and gratitude for the many wonderful things in the world.
After the meeting in Hawaii many of the attendees began to mark September 21st as Gratitude Day when they returned to their respective countries.
Since the first anniversary in 1966, the number of people celebrating Gratitude Day has continued to grow.
The wanted to take one day a year to emphasize those things and reflect upon the many amazing things and people we have in our lives.
World Gratitude Day presents an opportunity to be grateful.
- Celebrate milestones in your life
- Pleasantly surprise someone
- Perform a random act of kindness gratefully
- Be sincere
- Be specific
- Express gratitude publicly.
There is a lot of research indicating how being gracious and expressing gratitude can positively impact the life of the grateful person as well as the lives of those around them.
I am grateful for every Moo Duk Kwan® practitioner who is benefiting from Soo Bahk Do® training and positively influencing the lives of those around them by embodying and expressing our five moo do values.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
Latest posts by Phil Duncan (see all)
- Bullying. Will Your Child Be Next? - 09/28/2019
- Volume 1 Autographed Collector's Edition Going, Going, Gone... - 08/16/2019
- Official Representatives of the Moo Duk Kwan ® and Kwan Jang Nim - 03/28/2019