Students who have achieved sufficient skill and fulfilled the necessary rank requirements may be provided with an opportunity to test for rank advancement.
- Beginner ranks (Gup)
- testing forms available from instructor
- Blackbelt ranks (Dan - midnight blue)
- Master ranks (Ko Dan Ja)
- Instructor certifications (Jo Kyo, Kyo Sa, Sa Bom)
- Instructor Certification Info and Study Kit Order Forms on Soo Bahk Do Biz (always most recent)
- order Instructor Certification Study Kits on the wiki
Upon successful completion of a rank exam, the student's exam results are submitted to National Headquarters for review by the U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation's Technical Advisory Committee and if approved, the student's rank promotion recommendation is forwarded to the Kwan Jang Nim.
For each successful rank promotion the student is awarded a legitimate Moo Duk Kwan certificate of skill and competency in Soo Bahk Do® martial art system by the Kwan Jang Nim. Rank certificates are shipped to the student's instructor for ceremonial presentation to the student by their instructor.
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
Latest posts by Phil Duncan (see all)
- Legitimate Moo Duk Kwan® Certification - 01/21/2017
- Is Soo Bahk Do® Sweeter Than A Bag of Halloween Candy? - 10/06/2016
- Are You A Moo Duk Kwan® Alumni? - 09/08/2016