Oliver Whitcomb, Moo Duk Kwan Dan Bon 23268 is the owner/chief instructor of Sawtooth Martial Arts and has trained consistently in the art of Soo Bahk Do since 1979.
He is a full time instructor and manager of Sawtooth Martial Arts, teach martial arts to some schools, work with wounded veterans and teach them breathing and stretching as part of their healing and recovery, and put on extensive camps for kids of all ages and abilities.
Areas of expertise include: martial arts, stretching, breathing, conditioning, archery, and conflict resolution.
He is an internationally certified master level instructor who has:
- Trained extensively in Korea from 1986-1992
- Run schools in Hawaii (1989 – 1992) and Seattle (1993 – 1995)
- Taught full time in the Wood River Valley since 1996
- Has a BA with honors from the University of Washington in Korean Studies
- He has had a deep involvement within the community in various capacities:
- Teaching modified martial arts to children and adults with cognitive disabilities in the Wood River Valley since 2003
- Developed Integrated Breathing & Movement (IBAM) which is a therapeutic form of martial arts that has been beneficial for injured veterans and others as a way of optimizing health and performance
- Worked in many school systems teaching introductory martial arts classes as a tool for bringing discipline, focus and exercise into the class room, as well as promoting conflict resolution