Greetings Federation Members and Supporters,
I hope you had a great holiday season and that this finds you and your families in good health and great spirits.
As I reflect on 2021, I'm inspired by the many successes and the support shown for one another by members, studio owners, officials, and volunteers. Although there were many challenges, we persevered through action and our Moo Do Shim Gung. Schools began to grow, the 2nd Moo Duk Kwan USA Virtual Nationals was a success, the 1st Moo Duk Kwan International Virtual Competition was a success, and we were able to come back together in person for the 2021-2020 Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa in Orlando, Florida.
I had the honor and privilege of attending the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa as a visitor in Orlando November 5-12, 2021. It was our first in-person national event since the pandemic began and spirits were high throughout the event as our connection with each other was strengthened. We, as a Moo Duk Kwan family needed this. I am grateful for the support of our Kwan Jang Nim, Federation and TAC officials, volunteers, visitors, candidates, and Heritage members who made this event such a meaningful and successful one.
At different times during the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa, I was honored to have several individuals come to me with questions, concerns, complaints, and compliments regarding the event, our Federation, and our future. I'm happy that each person trusted me enough to be open and honest in our discussions. These discussions bring opportunities for action and refinement. In order to better take action in these areas of opportunity, I recently discussed with the Board about setting up workgroups, with each focusing on a specific growth opportunity. These workgroups will be volunteer based with Executive Board member sponsorship, a lead, and a team of qualified volunteers to help provide results. The following workgroups are currently being formed:
- Marketing / Communications
- School Owner
- More details can be found here
If you feel qualified to assist in any of these workgroups and are ready to contribute, please inform your region Board Director.
Upcoming Federation Events
- 07/20 to 07/24, 2022 Nationals in Orlando, Florida – (Tentative)
- 11/10 to 11/18, 2022 Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa and Moment With The Masters (location to be determined)
Upcoming World Moo Duk Kwan Events
03/25-26, 2022 in Salt Lake City, Utah: World Moo Duk Kwan Heritage Seminar and Moo Duk Kwan Invitational Tournament - Hosted by Brian Corrales SBN
- The Heritage Seminar will celebrate our Moo Duk Kwan heritage and the elements that made the Moo Duk Kwan famous. The invitational tournament will include Hyung, Dae Ryun, and Kyuk Pa competitions for all ages and ranks and is open to all Soo Bahk Do and Tang Soo Do practitioners with Moo Duk Kwan roots. More information and a registration link can be found here:
08/11-14 in Midway, Utah: 1st Annual Moo Duk Kwan University Camp – Hosted by Brian Corrales SBN.
- H.C. Hwang Sa Bom Nim, Moo Duk Kwan Kwan Jang Nim will be in attendance. This summer camp will feature a heritage track, a kids track, and a leadership track (advanced, high impact training). As the name suggests, the Moo Duk Kwan University's camp is designed to provide a strong education in the Moo Duk Kwan's history, traditions, philosophy, and technique while upholding a high level of discipline and respect. More information can be found here:
Let us know about your school or regional events
If you have an event you would like to request the Federation to promote, please send information to: email@example.com
Thank you for your efforts in 2021 and for your energy and optimism for growth 2022. Thank you for allowing me to serve in this capacity and I look forward to seeing you at the next event.
Board Chair 2021